Friday, November 7, 2008

Venting with a cherry on top

Yep, it's been over a month. I had to think pretty hard about what my password was. Last night was the first free night I had to myself in about two months. It's terrible that I have become this busy, so the night off to do whatever I want was much welcomed and needed. I've been thinking about shutting this thing down because I really don't have too many things to ramble on about, but alas I'm typing today. It might turn more into a rant, but I'm going to try and keep it civil.

The last several weeks have been REALLY hard. My spirit has been grieving for weeks now by the things that I watch go on around me and while I pray and try to let them go, it seems something is always popping up to remind me. Don't get me wrong, I've still had joyful moments, but I can't put my finger on what God is doing with me. Here's my biggest beef about it all: I can't stand laziness and I can't stand non-authentic Christianity.

We've had some extremely nasty e-mails go around at work that have been both untrue and hurtful. What bothers me most is that people who call themselves Christians are certainly not acting like Christians. What's more is that they are totally unopen to having a conversation where they have to listen. I'm also really tired of hearing Christians make excuses for the way they vote/voted this past week. The Church has got to grow up and take a stand and quit being worried about offending people. The gospel is offensive and the only way this nation is going to change is if the Church takes her place.

Laziness. Can't stand it. I'm so tired of people being lazy and looking for handouts. It's an epidemic in kids today, they always want to know what they're going to get out of it and if there is no reward they often don't want to do anything. I've seen it in a lot of Christian leaders though too lately. And once again, people don't confront it in a Christian way, which just adds to the Church's problem of not being authentic. If we're not going to teach people by example of what it means to be a Christian, how do we expect anyone else to implement it?

Now, I'm not saying we should go around pointing out everyone's faults, but for Heaven's sake let's be real. Honoring, but real.

I feel slightly better.

This was excellent the other day though. Yep, count 'em...7 cherries. I didn't even ask for extra cherries, the person at UDF just knew I needed them.

1 comment:

Helen Ann said...

That sundae looks NUMMMYYY! I think I need one.

I'm sorry that you are dealing with crap at work. It's funny how we Christians have a way of driving each other nuts. I guess that's why it's called a family...And I am with you on finding a way to speak the truth while at the same time being honoring.

Something that comes to mind to me alot lately is the part of the book "The Final Quest" where Rick Joyner saw all the captives and prisoners of satan being marched along. I don't remember many specifics of the imagry now and my book is being borrowed, but the point was that among those people were Christians who were spewing anger and hate in the name of God (Pharisee types I suppose) as well as this group that was lagging along flashing the peace symbol and acting like they had no responsibility to act on anything - as long as we're just nice to each other. And that both groups were bound by the enemy by their own doing.

Does that make sense? It's one of those images that comes back to me over and over again...It's about finding that "radical middle" where we're as sly as foxes but as gentle as lambs.